ACV Peel mix
- 1 tsp. ACV
- 0.5 glass of water (very warm but not hot)
- Prepare ACV Peel mix in a small cup
- Cleanse face using face wash or micellar water
Make sure to avoid any scrubs and wash washes that contain scrub – like elements. ACV is rather acidic and can cause irritation if the skin is not intact.
- Using cotton ball, apply ACV Peel to the previously cleaned and dried skin on your face (avoid eye area), neck and chest
It is ok for the solution to tingle slightly; however, there should be so burning sensations
- Repeat application of ACV Peel as soon as the skin had a chance to absorb the mix
As the skin absorbs ACV Peel mix, you might experience slight tingling sensation which is fine. That said, there should be no burning sensations. I saw some recipes online suggesting to add lemon but I was told to strictly avoid any DIY beauty mixes that contain lemon juice.
Continue reapplication of ACV Peel mix to your skin for about 1 minute. If you do this peel on consistent weekly basis then in a month you can extend the reapplication process to two minutes while still observing your skin’s reaction.
- Optional: Wait for 1 – 2 minutes before proceeding to the next step
- Optional: Wet cotton ball in a water / baking soda mix and gently press it to the skin
The intention here is not to wash off the ACV Peel but rather letting water / soda mix to contact with the skin
- Cleanse the skin with gently face wash
- Apply coconut oil
Upon need, you can re-apply coconut oil to the skin 30 minutes after the whole procedure is complete
Frequency of application
ACV Peel is suggested for weekly use for the period of 10 weeks.
There are people who use ACV Peel on weekly basis throughout the year with occasional time off. Since the pH level of ACV is similar to the pH level of the protective acid mantle layer of the skin, ACV Peel mix is fairly safe (avoid eye area) and even beneficial for overall restoration of normal pH level of the skin
That said, if you have skin that tend to be dry, it is best to moderate the extent and frequency of application of ACV Peel. Also, in case you have irritated skin (open wounds, active rosacea, active cuperose), it is best to avoid ACV Peels for the time being.
Thanks for reading,