- 2 cups of coconut oil (organic, cold pressed)
- 1 cup of fenugreek seeds (organic)
1) Optional: Place fenugreek seeds on a tray in order to remove any impurities
2) Optional: Heat up the seeds while on a try in order to warm up the oils
3) Optional: Blend fenugreeks seeds in order to maximize the amount of nutrients released
4) Add fenugreek seeds and coconut oil into a steel jar
5) Place steel jar in hot water bath for 30 minutes
6) Pour the mix into a mason jar and let it rest in a warm place for a minimum of 48 hours
7) Keep it infused for better results. That said, you might choose to strain the seeds
8) Use the oil as part of the pre-poo ritual
Please note not that the oil has to be discarded after 4 weeks.
Updated process: 12 – minute Application of Pre-Poo Treatment
“Pre-Poo” is the most viewed post on my blog. As promised, simple Aloe Vera and coconut oil pre-poo ritual upon consistent application gave me absolutely amazing results in terms of hair health and growth. In fact, my hairdresser was astonished by the rate of my hair growth in between the visits. Being extremely sensitive to chemicals and pulling, my scalp feels stronger and more resilient to stressors. The new 12- minute application method certainly made my pre-poo experience much more enjoyable and efficient. The new recipe for coconut infusion is suggested to make pre-poo mix even more potent; hence, my enthusiasm for the experiment.
Why infuse coconut oil with fenugreek seeds?
Fenugreek seeds contain proteins, nicotinic acid and large amount of lecithinare. All of these elements are extremely effective in treating follicular problems and strengthening the hair from the roots. In fact, fenugreek seeds are amazing for:
– Addressing dandruff as well as hair loss problems
– Improving hair texture
– Adding shine to the hair
– Retaining natural hair color